Drug and alcohol treatment fall into two categories mainly — in-patient and outpatient rehab centers. At Mitchell Medical P.C. We specialize in out-patient detox programs to help our patients get back what they’ve lost to the disease of addiction. Most of our patients have been through the cycles of in-patient rehabs before, a cycle that is hard to break. According to – The National Institute on Drug Abuse Relapse rates among recovering alcoholics are between 50 and 90 percent in the first four years after rehab. For recovering drug addicts, rates are between 40 and 60 percent. In addition, In-patient rehabs can be very expensive, time costly and takes time away from work and your everyday life. According to addictioncenter.org, here are stats for Inpatient vs. Outpatient
Image from addictioncenter.org
According to the same article by addictioncenter.org ,
Outpatient Rehab Centers and Treatment, Outpatient drug rehab is less restrictive than inpatient programs. Outpatient recovery programs usually require 10 to 12 hours a week spent visiting a local treatment center.
These sessions focus on drug abuse education, individual and group counseling, and teaching addicted people how to cope without their drug. Outpatient drug rehab can be a good standalone option for someone with a mild addiction, or it can be part of a long-term treatment program. Outpatient drug rehab can last three to six months — something similar to inpatient treatment — or over a year.
Outpatient Detox Programs
Patients with mild-to-moderate drug withdrawal symptoms might find outpatient detoxification a fitting alternative to residential detox. Outpatient detox is safe, effective and takes less time to complete than inpatient detox.
The average outpatient detox period lasts 6.5 days.
– Motoi Hayashida, M.D., Sc.D. 1998
Patients must visit a hospital or other treatment facility for physical and mental check-ups during outpatient detox. Clinicians or doctors might administer medications on-site to soothe withdrawal symptoms like anxiety, depression and increased heart rate.
Social Support During Outpatient Rehab
Outpatient drug rehab allows recovering addicts to remain at home during treatment. Those undergoing outpatient drug rehab can continue working and remain close to family and friends. Outpatient treatment centers usually conduct meetings at night or in the early morning, helping those in the program maintain their normal schedules.
Twelve step groups like Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) and Narcotics Anonymous (NA) may be used as part of outpatient treatment. Studies show that participating in recovery groups like AA and NA helps recovering addicts stay sober. Many recovering addicts also turn to outpatient treatment after completing an inpatient program as part of their continued recovery.
Inpatient treatment programs typically cost more than outpatient drug rehab. The on-hand medical care and psychotherapy available to residential rehab patients increases treatment costs. The price difference should not encourage or discourage someone from choosing the best treatment route for them.
Mitchell Medical P.C. has a high success rate with their at-home out-patient MAT detox programs in Putnam and Westchester County and at-home out-patient detoxes in New York City. The detox is conducted in the comfort of the patient’s home with high medical and familial supervision. We are different than your average inpatient rehab program because unlike inpatient rehab programs, our treatments are tailored to the individual’s addiction and life, from detox at home to ongoing checkups and medically assisted treatment (MAT), to using medications such as Naltrexone, Suboxone and Vivitrol and others to ensure long term sobriety. Our outpatient rehabilitation services put the patient first, always. Detoxes at home are more comfortable for the patient, more confidential than an in-patient and help our patients achieve sobriety in a week.
Benefits of At-Home Medical Detoxes with Mitchell Medical P.C
- Tailored treatments to fit your lifestyle and addiction
- Our practice is available 24/7 when a patient is going through a detox
- Working together with your family and loved ones during the detox process to help ease your detox process
- Providing MAT along the way to make sure your detox process is comfortable
- More affordable than traditional in-patient rehabs
- Our out-patient program is set up for success and long lasting sobriety. Our goal is to have one successful out-patient detox to last our patients for the rest of their lives
- Non-judgment zone
- Have access to our caring team 24/7 whenever you need it, whether your loved ones or the patient themselves, our team is committed to your sobriety
- At-home out-patient detoxes last for one week, unlike other traditional rehabs, you do not have to take too much time off from work and your life to get back on track.
- Comfort during your detoxification process, Mitchell Medical designs tailored treatments for each of their patients to ensure comfort during the detox process.
- Our at home detoxes are designed to make sure the detox process is as easy and painless as it can be. One patient said, “if I knew it was this easy I would’ve gotten clean over 20 years ago”
- At home detoxes offered in New York City, at home detoxes offered in Westchester and Putnam County and more.
- Discreet and successful programs to get you back to your normal life ASAP.
Here at Mitchell Medical, your success is our success, we work with our patients closely to make sure we set you on a detox program that will set you up for life. Get your life back with our at-home detox programs.